Job Role: Workshop Manager
Location: Echt, Aberdeenshire
Reports to: Managing Director
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Workshop Manager will be responsible for a team of Service Technicians and Trainee Service Technicians, ensuring they are working safely and efficiently to deliver both project and in-house project work.
Flexibility in the job role is essential, along with good attention to detail and an ability to work safely and efficiently in a busy workshop to deliver a quality product or service which exceeds all of the customer requirements. Prior workshop management experience is essential, along with a desire to develop your personnel both as individuals and a team. A knowledge of Health and Safety statutory requirements in a workshop is essential, with a good understanding of ISO9001; ISO14001 and ISO45001 standards.
Experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry is desirable, particularly in the Subsea sector alongside Service Technician experience, particularly in electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic areas. Since Legasea is a sustainable organisation, a passion about the environment, the Circular Economy and reducing waste is essential.
Some of the main duties will include:
• To manage a team of Service Technicians and Trainee Service Technicians to maintain workshop productivity and efficiency
• To work with the Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of projects
• To manage the daily activities in the workshop, including Goods In and Goods Out
• To ensure all risk assessments are followed and promote safe working practices
• To promote the use of STOP cards
• To co-ordinate SIMOPs with the Projects Manager
• To develop and manage the training of Service Technicians and Trainee Service Technicians, ensuring that they are fully trained and competent in their roles
• To ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly checklists are completed accurately and to timescale
• Internal Quality Assurance
• Assisting technicians with hands-on day-to-day operations
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in leading people, motivating, and developing others
• Experience in a busy workshop
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word; Excel and PowerPoint
• Advanced knowledge of machines & tools
• Critical thinking skills
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Analytical skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Project
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Ability to interpret Industry Standards and practices
• Strong QHSE knowledge and skills
Legasea Ltd is a fast growing, award-winning, energy service company, founded in 2018, with a focus on the Circular Economy for subsea production systems and controls.
We carry out a range of Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical Engineering services, and work to combat obsolescence management issues for subsea equipment. We promote sustainability and reuse, and our ethos is one of a Circular Economy, taking one company’s waste and restoring it to be of value elsewhere.
As a young start-up company, the opportunities for personal development are huge. We recognise our biggest asset is our people and like to develop and promote from within as the company continues to scale. Legasea operates a flexible working environment, with full-time employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week, with 6 weeks of annual leave and a company pension.
Legasea Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We recruit and promote based on what a person can bring to the team in terms of their skills, knowledge, and personality.
We also recognise that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. A passion and drive to succeed are more important than meeting 100% of our requirements so if you like the look of the company and the role, please do get in touch. It may be that you are exactly what we are looking for, we just don’t know it yet!
To apply for this role, please visit: Careers