Job Role: Sales Engineer
Location: Echt, Aberdeenshire
Reports to: Managing Director
As Sales Engineer you will help to execute business strategy and focus on maintaining and growing Legasea’s existing client base in the U.K. and beyond. You should be experienced in the Oil and Gas Industry, particularly in the Subsea Sector, experience in decommissioning would also be desirable.
You should be a skilled communicator, adept at hunting and chasing leads and able to build relationships with all potential clients from multi-national operators to SMEs. A high level of commercial acumen is essential, as well as being highly numerate and analytical. Skilled at negotiation and able to easily connect with people, demonstrating natural interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate should be hungry to help grow a successful start-up company, and highly motivated to achieve and exceed sales targets. Some technical knowledge would also be beneficial. Since Legasea is a sustainable organisation, a passion about the environment, the Circular Economy and reducing waste is essential.
Some of the main duties will include:
• Identify new business opportunities by engaging with Industry stakeholders, including through following leads, participation in events and engagement through own network.
• Grow UK revenue and increase market share across the energy sector.
• Maintaining existing client relationships, ensuring Legasea are providing a timely and efficient service that meets their requirements.
• Develop strategies for entering new markets within the energy industry.
• Assist with pricing strategies, advising on current market conditions.
• Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and marketplace activity, reporting back any trends or developments specific to Oil and Gas.
• Managing a sales funnel (from opportunity identification to closure).
• Promoting the Circular Economy and the Shore to Store service.
• Assisting with revenue budgeting and forecasting.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience of developing new business growth in the energy sector.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and presentation skills to communicate with and build trusted relationships.
• Proven sales experience, bid and proposal management.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Excellent responsiveness and time management skills.
• A qualification in engineering or a business-related subject would be beneficial, though not essential.
• Self-starter who can work as part of a team or on an individual basis as required.
• Technical / engineering experience is desirable.
Legasea Ltd is a fast growing, award-winning, energy service company, founded in 2018, with a focus on the Circular Economy for subsea production systems and controls.
We carry out a range of Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical Engineering services, and work to combat obsolescence management issues for subsea equipment. We promote sustainability and reuse, and our ethos is one of a Circular Economy, taking one company’s waste and restoring it to be of value elsewhere.
As a young start-up company, the opportunities for personal development are huge. We recognise our biggest asset is our people and like to develop and promote from within as the company continues to scale. Legasea operates a flexible working environment, with full-time employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week, with 6 weeks of annual leave and a company pension.
Legasea Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We recruit and promote based on what a person can bring to the team in terms of their skills, knowledge, and personality.
We also recognise that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. A passion and drive to succeed are more important than meeting 100% of our requirements so if you like the look of the company and the role, please do get in touch. It may be that you are exactly what we are looking for, we just don’t know it yet!
To apply for this role, please visit: Careers