Job Role: General Assistant
Location: Echt, Aberdeenshire
Reports to: Facility Manager
Job Description: Working alongside the production team, under the guidance of the Facility Manager to facilitate the efficient running of a busy workshop. Flexibility in the role is essential as your tasks will be varied, from supporting with equipment and facility maintenance work, to internal logistics and general housekeeping. No formal experience is required as full training is provided, but an aptitude for working with tools and can-do attitude is essential. Since Legasea is a sustainable organisation, a passion about the environment, the Circular Economy and reducing waste is essential.
Some of the main duties will include:
• To ensure the workshop is clean and tidy at all times
• To ensure recycling and general waste is properly segregated and disposed of according to Legasea procedures
• Maintenance of the workshop facility, ensuring there is a safe working environment and company standards are upheld
• To assist with the pressure cleaning of equipment brought to site
• Assist with maintenance work of facility and equipment
• Assist with general stock management and orders
• Assist with the movement of equipment and stock around the workshop
• Assist with Goods IN / Goods OUT
Knowledge & Skills:
• No formal experience required
• Desirable to have had workshop experience, whether in a formal environment or at school / college
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word; Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of machines & tools
• Critical thinking
• Good at working on own initiative
• Ability and openness to learning new skills
Legasea Ltd is a fast growing, award-winning, energy service company, founded in 2018, with a focus on the Circular Economy for subsea production systems and controls.
We carry out a range of Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical Engineering services, and work to combat obsolescence management issues for subsea equipment. We promote sustainability and reuse, and our ethos is one of a Circular Economy, taking one company’s waste and restoring it to be of value elsewhere.
As a young start-up company, the opportunities for personal development are huge. We recognise our biggest asset is our people and like to develop and promote from within as the company continues to scale. Legasea operates a flexible working environment, with full-time employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week, with 6 weeks of annual leave and a company pension.
Legasea Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We recruit and promote based on what a person can bring to the team in terms of their skills, knowledge, and personality.
We also recognise that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. A passion and drive to succeed are more important than meeting 100% of our requirements so if you like the look of the company and the role, please do get in touch. It may be that you are exactly what we are looking for, we just don’t know it yet!
To apply for this role, please visit: Careers